Friday 19 January 2007

Let's play hairshop Mummy!


This was my 2 year old daughter's request last night after dinner. I did try to explain that my hair wasn't long enough (not quite shoulder length yet) to put up in piggies or a ponytail like hers but she was, as usual, extremely determined! She sat and brushed my hair for me and got me to put in a tiny sticky-out bunch in a hair tie at the back with lots falling out where it isn't long enough. She was extremely proud of herself by that point. She then took EVERY hair clip and slide she has and put all of them carefully in my hair at the front. Very attractive I must say and thank you to my three sons who all sat (with a smartypants twinkle in each eye) and sweetly said how beautiful I looked. Caeligh was of course tickled that they thought she had done a good job but naturally all three boys suddenly were very busy when she asked if she could do their hair as well! lol


It made me realise that I don't think I'm doing too bad a job with Caeligh as she was very gentle, gave me lots of encouragement when I sat still for her and she frequently touched me on the cheeks and the forehead and told me what a good girl I was. I got lots of kisses and cuddles too. I'd like to hope she's learned from me how to be so affectionate but she was always very kissy and cuddly right from the start but I think it's probably the other way around. I think she's taught me how to be a very affectionate Mum. I don't know about other kids but I know my boys weren't particularly cuddly so to have someone so in my space all the time, constantly attached to my hip, on my lap, arms flung around my neck, that was hard to get used to at first but I wouldn't have it any other way now. It's made me show lots more physical affection to the boys and it's slowly teaching them that it's okay to do that and in fact it's normal so hopefully that will stick with them and give them something positive to take as they grow up. Any future wives can thank me later!!! lol


I didn't get any photos of the hairshop half hour but I think I will scrap it anyway as I felt really special that she wanted to sit and play just with me, when she could have been off with her brothers or watching TV or any of the other million things little girls amuse themselves with. And Ngaire you are right, she's also teaching me that it's okay to wear pink and skip if we want to!

No comments:

Mmmmmmm Slider Love