Friday 4 November 2011

Stuff2Scrap November Challenge

Finding the time to scrap can sometimes be really hard in my house but I'm slowly learning to make time, because existing without creating is like a life half lived and I really feel like I'm missing a piece of me when I'm not scrapping. So I'm happy to be involved with Stuff2Scrap and their creative team and this month it was my turn to set the challenge for November. I chose:

(1) Paint - but wait! No brushes, sponges, etc. Use your creative hands to get paint onto your layout.
(2) Stacked chippie! This is a great way to use up varying sizes of the same design or combine totally different chipboard patterns, pieces and styles to create something new.
(3) Song lyrics - these can either make up your title, your journalling, or just a line on the layout somewhere. Any song you like is fine, from nursery rhymes to your favourite rock anthems!



For my layout I used watered down acrylic paint, stacked Stuff2Scrap chipboard hearts in varying sizes, inked, painted and glimmer misted to give contrast, and used the title "We Are Family" for my song lyrics. I've also used red mesh from a bag of oranges, a jumbo playing card from a deck I bought from the Reject Shop, "vintage" postage stamps I bought from the fleamarket ($3 for about a hundred), and a couple of old book pages. The paper itself was from a pack I bought at Kmart for $3. There's also a cardboard tag I cut out from a box and ripped the top layer off to reveal the corrugated cardboard underneath, plus a couple of black bobby pins, two polka dot buttons (thanks again Reject Shop!), a couple of metal washer thingies I had in my stash and some cheap red flower ribbon ($2 from a discount shop). Don't ever let anyone tell you scrapping has to be expensive lol I've learned to look everywhere for scrap supplies as you can find them in the most unexpected places. Discount stores, sewing/quilting shops, fleamarkets and thrift stores can be the most awesome places to find things and I love discovering stuff that I won't see everywhere else.

I'm off again but I'll be back hopefully soon with some pictures of Miss Indi to share. I've uploaded a few on Facebook but the blog here is more than a bit neglected. I definitely need to take to it with a brush cutter, a whipper snipper and a lawnmower to get it looking nice again lol

Cheers, Lu xx

6 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love your paintwork and the postage stamps! Awesome! :D

Kamen said...

Awesome :d

Eastendmom said...

Know that you're crazy busy with a tiny baby in the house, but I hope you'll find a bit of time for blogging soon, too. Always enjoy your posts & your gorgeous scrapping work.

Kamen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fire Queen said...

Your kids are so cute! Come visit our blog!

hotmail customer service uk said...

Nice and interesting post!

Mmmmmmm Slider Love