Saturday 3 March 2007

Gratitude

Things I am grateful for right now today are:

(1) I still have a job and while I haven't made as much this week it's better than nothing
(2) I am grateful that our van keeps chugging along with very few problems even though she's getting old
(3) I'm grateful that I am able to buy Caeligh presents for her birthday tomorrow and that her brothers will be coming home a day early to celebrate with her
(4) I'm grateful for considerate companies like Heidi Swapp who replace rub-ons that stick to the backing paper instead of the layout
(5) I am grateful that while I don't have everything I want, I have everything I need and then some - my life is more blessed than I acknowledge
(6) I am grateful for my Dougie, a kind, strong, passionate, considerate man who does his best every day even though he wishes he could do more, who understands that a man's house is not his castle but a haven for his family, a man who believes that a real man's place is right next to his wife "in the trenches" doing laundry, picking up toys, chaning nappies, making kindy lunches, cooking and cleaning and sharing it all equally and then sometimes doing even more than his fair share because he wants to help. I'm grateful every single day of my life that God brought us together and while we don't have the perfect relationship I know it's as close as lots of people will ever get and I also know that if I died tomorrow my kids would not want for anything. I'm grateful for that security and that comfort.

So there you go. Thanks again to Lusi who's beautiful soul and passion for life and God inspires me to focus on what I have to be grateful for and to live a better life because of the blessings I already have. It's amazing to know there are people in this world who care so much about others.

No comments:

Mmmmmmm Slider Love