Wednesday 11 April 2007

Ooohhhh a layout just for a pub call!!!

I feel like I should be doing other things but last night I did a layout JUST for a pub call, an obscure one at that! Krys from SM is looking for pages inspired by Africa.....now considering I've never even been to Africa and don't have any appropriately themed photos in my collection I took the even more radical step of finding a royalty free stock photo online which only required me to leave a message for the photographer to say what I was using the photo for, which I did. So I had a great photo (which, yes, does feel a bit like cheating!!!!) and did my layout which I'm really happy with. It's very "clean" for me and not my usual style but maybe that will improve my chances of having it picked up by someone. I haven't done a layout strictly for a pub call in probably months now!!!! With so much to do for the shop and doing product showcase layouts for the online gallery there just hasn't been any time to "play" iykwim? So I was happy to get that one done last night. I'll post it as soon as I get it scanned in.

I'm off to the shop today. I've got an advanced Easter class this afternoon based on the For Keeps Easter layout in this month's issue but I'm pretty sure I'll have spare time as the class timetable only went up at the end of last week and people haven't really had a chance to see what's available and book in yet. The class timetable is online too at Cyberscraps if anyone is interested.

We've just done some quick renovations to the shop to give us a bit more room (which given the way we get so much new stuff in all the time is always necessary!!!!) so there's more room at the back of the shop for classes and another whole slatwall for product.

We've also got a cute new little display called "The Sweet Shop" which is lots and lots of glass jars full of delicious little embellies like brads, eyelets, gems, fem flowers, etc, perfect for when you want to indulge just a little bit!!!

These level 5 water restrictions we've got in Brisbane as of now are going to be a horrible wake up call for some people. I've been trying to cut back for ages and considering I can kill almost any living plant with virtually no effort on my part I gave up on trying to have a garden years ago! So we don't use any water outside the house at all except for filling the dogs' water bowls. I don't even know where our hose is! As for inside, showers are now run with military type precision, with a quick two minute in/out for the boys (I figure they are so reluctant to clean themselves that it doesn't really matter if they spend 2 minutes or 20 minutes in there - they are good at avoiding the washing part anyway) and we make sure we don't run the dishwasher or washing machine unless they are full. The usual things like turning off taps we've always sort of done and the icky part which actually saves heaps of water is the cute (kind of) little ditty of "if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down". I know that sounds so gross but honestly when I'm at home alone during the day why do I need to flush the toilet every time I have a wee???? That's just unnecessary so we've been doing that for a while now too. I'd like to think that we're going to be under the 140 litre per day per person limit for the six of us and hopefully a good deal less but it would be interesting to see just how much we do use. Here's hoping God provides some rain soon, not that I think it should change the kind of water restrictions we have because we're still living in one of the driest countries on earth, but it would be nice to have a bit more of a backstop by having a bit more in the dams. It makes me steam when I see people still watering their gardens and makes me want to yell "You could be drinking that water!!!!". It's funny how people are so grossed out by the concept of recycled water and yet so many (probably the very same) people want to be able to still use as much water as they want for whatever they want. I don't care about recycled water at all - if it comes down to that or being thirsty well I'll take the recycled water!

I'm off to have a lightning quick shower and get dressed for work but I'll be back in later to let you know of the antics of the day. Caeligh is going to kindy (huge sigh of relief!!!!!) and Doug is at home with the boys and maybe Cass's older two as well if they've got nothing else to do. Xbox all round methinks!

Have a fab Wednesday chickies!!!! Love, Lu

No comments:

Mmmmmmm Slider Love