Tuesday 17 April 2007

Shining example of manhood!!!!!

Well I haven't uploaded my pic tag for yesterday and today (photos taken but can't actually bring myself to devote time to reducing etc right now......hic......) BUT I did have to share that while at work today my darling Dougie was given the gift of some ridiculous but apparently fabulous scone recipe - YES SCONE!!!!! Laugh as you wish, I know I certainly did.....! but he waited until the doco about his beloved Scotland and it's political relationship with England was over and then literally dragged me into the kitchen to watch him whip up a batch of scones!!!!!!!

Trust me when I say he has only ever baked once before in his entire life - cooking dinner is no sweat but the baking he usually leaves to me because I kinda know what I'm doing and I enjoy it - but only moments ago he was up to his elbows in flour and dough, busily kneading (after I showed him what that actually involved lol!!!!!) his scone mix. I even taught him the upturned drinking glass cutter technique as he was just going to pull lumps of dough out and slam them down on the metal plate (aka baking tray in girly terms!!! rotflmao!!!!!!).

So now we have a batch of lordy-only-knows-what-goodness in the oven and he assures me the temperature is right too and I'm not allowed to go to bed until they are done and out and I've tried one. It's a terribly pity that I absolutely detest scones - I don't know why, my mother swore by them and apparently made legendary scones - maybe it was scone overload for me as a child and it left me bakery scarred........fyi I even have Lady Flo's pumpkin scone recipe here somewhere that she wrote out for me when I was all of 8 years old (dad was into politics - don't even ask......) but I've never made them cos I HATE SCONES!!!!

All that being said, in about 15 minutes' time I will pace intrepidly back to the kitchen and get a big spoonful of strawberry jam to disguise the taste and I'll have a go at them because my beautiful Douglas stayed up until 10 o'clock at night trying out a scone recipe someone at work gave him!!! I guarantee it will only be his scientific mind motivating him as the recipe is this really weird concoction of three cups of SR flour, one cup of cream and one cup of lemonade - don't bloody well laugh (I made that mistake and hurt his feelings momentarily!) apparently it works and I'll promise to let you know - from the A&E ward if that's what happens!!!!!

All hail the mighty scone - and the daring domestic god of a husband who had to give it a go!!!!!

PS The shining jewel in the crown of his scone achievement was that he's even cleaning up after himself!!!!!!!

3 comments:

BruganCampbell said...

OK, Lu - how were they? I have heard about 'lemonade' scones, but all accounts they are delish (if you are a scone fan!)
You could possibly sell that Flo recipe on Ebay for a packet! LOL

Take care,

Kat Thompson said...

Hope the scones went well for you, though having DH clean up after cooking... wow. I'd heard rumours such men existed ;-)

jilly said...

Well........***waiting*** where's my scone girl?!?!?!?!?
xxJillGG

Mmmmmmm Slider Love