Sunday 18 February 2007

CYBERSCRAPS IS OPENING A SHOP!!!!!!!! ( a real walk in the door and touch everything shop!!!)

Cyberscraps Scrapbooking Store is opening in mid-March!!!!!

Cyberscraps online has been open since mid-last year and it's been so much fun so far. Cath has handled the hard yards of site management and store owner and Cass and I have had the most amazing time as the Design Team. We've loved every minute of it and now we're even more excited to be a part of an actual store! We have the most lovely, fun group of gals in the forum and gallery and we hope to extend our circle of friends if you live in the Brisbane area (or a little further out if you're really keen!!!!) Below is the link to our newsletter announcing our shop details. We'll be opening in a cute little strip type shopping centre in Salisbury, southside of Brisbane, where there is also a great bakery, a tiny but rarely busy Post Office (which is such a gift), an excellent fresh fruit and veg shop and a very handy convenience shop with all kinds of bits and bobs. It's opposite the Salisbury Bowls Club and there's plenty of on-street parking.

An actual opening date is a fraction fuzzy right now and depends on lots of factors and setting up but we're aiming for mid-March and I'll post when we have a definite date. We can't wait to get started creating a wonderful welcoming shop with helpful staff (Cath, Cass and me!!!) and a great range of supplies. Classes are on the cards once we get settled and we're hoping to create the kind of funky atmosphere where you can come and be inspired, have a looksee, have a natter or a chat, have a coffee, have a break, have a few minutes of peace if that's what you need. We'll still have our great prices and a constantly expanding range with all the faves and big names, plenty of room for prams and a kids prison... ahem I mean kids corner to keep the little ones amused while you have a look about. We'll be looking at exciting ideas like guest teachers and crop nights and classes designed for those who need to get lots done in a little time and entire project type classes where you will walk out with a completed item like an accordion book or off the page item to give as a gift, use as a decor item or keep for your very own.

http://www.cyberscraps.com.au/NewslettersEmails/Newsletter18Feb07/Newsletter180207.htm

I'm especially excited as I know myself I'm a touchy-feely type of scrapper. I like to see papers in my hands and hold embellishments. I want to fall in love with something on the spot so I have to buy it immediately. With online shopping I have never really felt the love because a tiny thumbnail picture does not speak a thousand words to me and I end up seeking out the product at a shop because I can't get a feel for its size, shape, dimension etc from the computer screen. I'm also incredibly impatient and don't like to wait for things to be shipped to me either. I want something and I want it in a bag in my hand RIGHT NOW!!! Sometimes that's when I go home and get my best scrapping done, with a new and inspiring product in my hands.

It's also a very scary move with lots of money, hopes, dreams and expectations going into it. But we'll all be doing our very best to give people the kind of scrapping store they want and we'll be learning along the way. If you live locally and you have any ideas as to what you'd like to see in a new scrapbooking store then please please leave a comment so we know what people are looking for. We're all customers too but the possibilities are endless and we want to be sure we get it right for every one who walks in the door, whether a beginner whose never touched a photo tab before right through to the seasoned veterans who know all there is to know about scrapping and papercrafts.

Thank you so much for taking the time to have a read through another of my marathon posts but I hope you'll agree it was worth it to get the news out finally!!!! Our online store will still remain just as it is as we have so many wonderful 'net customers and friends but an actual gathering place to do what we scrappers do best is just wonderful and I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting so many of you that I've met through the various forums and blogs.

As the old saying goes "here's to new beginnings!" :)

ttyl Lu

No comments:

Mmmmmmm Slider Love